Friday, July 30, 2010

Last week I had written a post I had intended to publish titled, "What we are looking forward to most..." It was not hard to come up with a very long list of what this surgery would mean to our family...and most importantly to Faith.


The number was being able to hear her laugh.

Three years ago we met a family who had a daughter who had been trached. I'll never forget when the mother told me that hearing her daughter laugh after decannulation was her number #1.

"That day will come for you Jen," she encouraged "someday you will hear Faith laugh and it will be the sweetest sound you have ever heard."

Today, we learned that that day will not be Monday, August 2nd.


Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. -Matthew 7:7-8

We have asked, sought, and knocked so hard our fists are sore.

And yes, we received.

We received the answer we did not want to hear.

But perhaps the answer isn't "no" just "not now."

Someday there will be a now...but it doesn't take away from the hurt that after getting so close...being able to hear our daughter's laughter remains a "someday..."

:'(

Jen & CO






8 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Jen, I am so very sorry. This sucks. No, this more than sucks. It is downright awful. Not fair. I just hate this! You, Brian, and most of all, Faith deserve to take the next step more than anybody I know!

I am praying for your peace going forward. I am praying that you can find the strength to make it another year. Maybe you can get this scheduled much earlier next year? Maybe in May or June? So it won't be a whole year.

Sorry friend. Call me if you need anything.

Hope said...

I'm so sorry Jen. I got teary reading this. I wish there was something wonderful I could say to make you feel better.

((Hugs))

Janay said...

My heart just sank for you, I can only imagine how disappointed,frustrated and mad you must be. You guys are always in our prayers and now more than ever. I hope Faith is feeling better soon & you guys can enjoy the rest of your summer vacation. Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Kelly Lawler said...

Jen and Brian,
Jake and I are so sorry. We were praying hard for her too! She is soooo lucky to have you two as her parents. And just so you know, when I think of Faith all I picture is a happy, smiley girl.
Hope you can muster up the strength to enjoy the rest of your summer together :)
Kelly and Jake

Dawn and the boys said...

I am so so sorry to hear this. I've been watching daily for an update, but not this one.

BIG HUGS. There's really nothing I can say except that my heart is hurting for you.

God bless, Dawn

Unknown said...

Jen,

I miss you all so much! Faith is getting so big! Dont be discouraged about Faith not being able to have the surgery yet. It will come and it will be amazing when she is done with it and recovered. I know it sucks but you guys keep your heads up. Tell Brian I said Hi and give Faith a big hug from me.

Love,
Aaron (Faiths RT)
email me
aaron.jeannette@gmail.com

oakleyses said...

baseball bats, new balance shoes, insanity workout, reebok outlet, p90x workout, timberland boots, jimmy choo outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike roshe run, chi flat iron, herve leger, iphone 5s cases, nike air max, lululemon, hollister, north face outlet, vans outlet, ghd hair, iphone 6s cases, s6 case, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, iphone cases, longchamp uk, nike huaraches, north face outlet, iphone 6s plus cases, hermes belt, ralph lauren, louboutin, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, hollister clothing, oakley, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, celine handbags, mcm handbags, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, babyliss, bottega veneta, iphone 6 plus cases, nike trainers uk, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, instyler, mont blanc pens, ipad cases, soccer jerseys

oakleyses said...

ugg uk, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton, replica watches, barbour, thomas sabo, converse, marc jacobs, moncler, canada goose, vans, canada goose, pandora uk, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, ray ban, links of london, toms shoes, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, hollister, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, barbour uk, lancel, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler uk, swarovski, montre pas cher, swarovski crystal, canada goose, coach outlet, ugg, gucci, karen millen uk, nike air max, supra shoes, converse outlet, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, doudoune moncler, pandora charms