Monday, February 16, 2009

Once Upon a Nightmare..




If I had not already reached my "feel-sorry-for-my-sleep-deprivation" quota for this month, I'd tell you the tale of the Massacre of St. Valentine. Reming-tine:


In this tumultuous tale, a two-foot tall two-year-old simultaneously took down two grown adults and had them on their knees begging for mercy by the night's end.


While the two crusaders hoisted their white flag, pleading for a truce to be made, the two-year-old duked it out with her own nemesis; the serpent suction machine. The 22 pound tiny warrior was no match for the roaring, twisted dragon that breathed down her neck hour upon hour...


But alas, this far-from-fairytale does have a happy ending. See, by dawn's early light, wounded from the battle, the Knight in Shining Armor came to rescue the Damsel in Distress, barring gifts that could come from no place other than Camelot; Chocolate, flowers, and a spa package. No, it cannot be afforded, but if I may be as so presumptuous to say, *ahem* ...........well deserved?


And as for the little warrior, you might ask? After a long pilgrimage to a land far far away, and after having to fight completely different sort of battle (which included it's own cast of antagonists) she was given a magic potion that will attempt to tame the ruthless adversary that infiltrated our humble abode.


OK......I know what you are thinking.....






Give me a break!


If I haven't already won the award for "Most Dramatic Mom of the Year", this account certainly puts me in the running. ;)



(Coping mechanisms, people....how else do you expect us to get by?)


Hope your Valentine's day was equally as rewarding,


Jen & CO.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Ann said...

Jen,
You've got what it takes to get through this ... a fabulous sense of humor!

Hugs,
Ann

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh Jen, I LOVE your flair for the dramatic! We are obviously two peas in a pod! :)

That was so stinkin' funny. I read it out loud to J and we were both cracking up!

Hope you have a better week!

Alicia

Aunt Susan and Uncle Mike said...

LOVE IT!!! HEy sweetie your Aunt Susan has not forgotten you. I just got a job and trying to juggle everything..BUT I do have a present I am sending you for your birthday and Aunt Susan is very sorry it hasnt been sent yet! I LOVE this picture of you =)

I love you and MISS you!

AUnt Susan
XO XOXOXO

Cindy said...

Dramatic and quite excellent!

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed this hard in a while! Thanks Jen!
Love,'Aunt Libby

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie.
Hey - I miss you guys.
Amy